Monday, 19 January 2015

Week #2 of Half Marathon Training

Today I'm testing the limits of how far I can push the kids before the seek me out and demand dinner! I'll let you know how that goes for me, if you don't hear back … they ate me ;-)

But today is not about food and no I will not mention that almond nut butter is evil and my nemesis and I am having to banish it from the house since I will be the only one to miss it. No, its about half marathon training.

I'm into week 3 today so here is last week round up:
Run: 22.37km
Bike: 44.4km
Swim: 700m
1 Kettlebell workout & 1 Body Balance class
To be honest my lazy self is struggling with the workouts but I am sticking to it and getting it all done which I will say requires constant validation from myself.  It has also helped IMMENSELY that I am accountable for my workouts as part of a team for JANTASTIC and on some days that accountability has been the ONLY reason I have gotten off my cold lazy arse to workout.

I have not had to enter into the realms of fuelling yet as my long runs are not long enough and technically if I am true to Banting eating I should be able to run a half marathon with only water. Once my runs get longer I will be able to test this out and see how I get on.

Do you enjoy following a structured training plan or are you a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kinda person?

Laraxx