Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Whispers ….

ssshhhhh don't tell anyone but I think I'm back in love with this running malarky.

Monday I "tried" to go out and do 10km; my brain won over and I didn't even make it out the door! My Facebook post looked like this:

Isn't it amazing that running can be such mental battle rather than a physical one for some!

So this morning I tried again; got dressed in my running kit and after getting the kids to school and breakfast of course, I hung the trusty Garmin on the handle of the front door to locate satellites, by the time I'd warmed up it was still looking so I started up Nike+ as a backup .... patting myself on the back for that one because it took G 0.75km to locate those pesky satellites!

Now at the end I did have to run past my driveway and back again to get to 10km (I forgot a detour on the way back) but it was worth it. I was consistent and comfortable the whole way. 7:55, 7:14, 6:58, 7:12, 7:06, 7:12, 7:14, 7:21, 7:18, 7:13 made me a happy runner girl.

Also, now my brain is in the right gear I have registered for the Hampton Court Palace Half marathon on 29 March ... I snuck my entry in hours before it closed on the 5th but am pleased I have a running goal to work towards. 

My Race Diary page has been updated accordingly. 

Laraxx