Monday, 1 September 2014

Super September

WOW, well that was an unscheduled break from blogging for the month of August and it was a great month as well.  Having said that it was a welcome break as with anything in life.

The kids have been on summer holidays and for England it actually felt like we had a summer holiday.  Kids have had fun but also had time to recharge their batteries before the new school year starts on Thursday.

August saw the family joining me at our local parkrun and actually enjoying it - we have done 3 weekends in a row and I'm loving the love they have for it.
August parkrun fun
It was also my birthday in August:
... it's just a number RIGHT!

And last but not least we are back to eating healthy again.  I tried the attack phase of the Dukan 2 weeks ago and by the second day I was just gagging for some veggies and a smoothie so I had to add them back in.  SO far so good and besides a stinking headache from no sugar on day 3 and 4 I seem to be coping very well with no hunger between meals and no cravings.
Food has been fantastic:
If its been cold we've had soup but if the sun even thinks of shining …. its a salad no discussion :-)

My foot is behaving, I am still running about 5km 3 times a week, spinning twice and slooooowly adding in some strength, its a bit ad-hoc at the moment but I'm going with it!

Are you ready for autumn (northern hemisphere) / summer (souther hemisphere)?
Does your eating change with the seasons?

Laraxx