Monday, 30 June 2014

Monday's Musings

I am a writer ... there I said it!

Why has it taken so long for me to admit to this I do not know.  Secretly I have always wanted to be a writer, I even registered for a writers course once and never did it.  In fact if I searched hard enough through the loft boxes I'm sure I would find the old course notes I received, but in my real life the thought of actually putting pen to paper (or finger to keyboard as it were) writing a book scares the pants off me and besides ... I "just blog".

So I think that I should more accurately call myself a blog writer, a blogger as in the same way a journalist, a novelist, columnists or play writer are all WRITERS.  I've never really associated any correlation between blogging and being a writer but then again, have you ever called a runner a jogger?  You should try it one day but be warned .... take a step back!

I think if I were to draw any comparisons it would be that I see other types of writers as getting paid for their work whereas I, as a blogger, do not.  Now some bloggers DO get paid or sponsored for their blogs so does that make them any more or any less a writer than I? No, because if I think of all the talented unpublished novelists out there who have written pure gold and yet are still unsigned and unpublished. I however would not call them a blogger purely because they are unpublished ... try calling that runner a jogger again!

Its a brutal word out there for writers and I love the freedom and what being a blog writer means to me.  To me it means I can write what I want, when I want and if I want without restrictions or deadlines. It also however means no proof reader - deal with it I say!

Laraxx