Thursday, 12 June 2014

Homemade

I made rhubarb compote today, I'm awfully pleased with myself as its actually edible!
Now I would love to be able to give you a recipe but sadly I can't and thats not because its top secret, its because I chopped all the rhubarb in the garden, washed it, chopped it up and chucked it into a pot.  Then I added enough freshly squeezed orange juice to cover the bottom of the pot and then added approximately 3/4s of a cup of light brown sugar.  It then bubbled, simmered and prtitted away for about 20 minutes total.

Sidetrack …. I looked at how many posts I did this time last year and its not many! I think its because the sun is shining and so I spend more time outside … away from my laptop :-)

RUNNING news:
C25K is coming along nicely.  If you follow me on Facebook you will know that I have tentatively started back up with the walk/run programme and so far *touch wood* so good.  I am rolling my foot after each run with the frozen water bottle to make sure the sensitive heel pad does't develop into anything.
I've made it to Week 2 Day 2 and I'm praying hoping that with careful management I can get through this.

Laraxx