Saturday, 21 September 2013

Baking Bread

Since I insist on shovelling bread down my gob I thought I might as well try make it unprocessed.  So I have tossed around the idea of a bread making machine and then decided before I cough up vast amounts of money for one that I had better see if the kiddos would eat home baked bread ...
Now if you have been following me for a while you will know that I am no domestic goddess; yes I can cook and have a few recipes on the blog but nothing complex, I mean I can burn toast in a pop-up-toaster!!

So I decided to make a loaf of bread but I cheated a little ... OK, I cheated a lot ;-)
I found this on my local supermarket shelf for 80p
... nothing to lose right!
I love that it has no cr@ppy ingredients in the mix

So I decided to enlist the help of mini-me-jnr and we had a ball making it and eating it.
It took about  hours but it was an easy 
 hours though because of the proving time  
and the result was worth it ...
the whole family LOVED it and have voted unanimously for more :-)

So even with zero baking skills, I can manage to whip up some freshly baked non-chemical loaded bread .... move over Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood!

Whilst I am rebelling against healthy eating I feel like I am empowering myself in a way, I know ... I don't make sense with that right now but I have some mental demons going on in my brain right now that I need to sort out:
Anyone got any advice?

Laraxx