Friday, 30 August 2013

I've made a decision!

Its a sad one for me in the short term but I am hoping to gain long term benefits!  I am not going to run the Yorkshire Marathon in October.  


I want this planter fasciitis to clear up and go and stay gone and if I try to run marathon mileage I run the risk of progressing it to a chronic condition .... something I do not want to happen.  I mean at my age you can't be to careful & I can tell you unequivocally that I do not heal as quickly as I used to ;-)
I had this confirmed when I saw my trusted Dr Nam today

So in the meantime I am going to focus on keeping up my cardio, increasing strength and flexibility.

I'll still be doing all this too:
biking, ice & heat, rolling & massaging
... goes without saying ;-)

I'm hoping all this leads to a stronger (faster) running me.

IN YOUR FACE PLANTER FASCiiTiS!

A small set back for long term health and happiness.

Laraxx