Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Post Marathon Running Goals

Possibly since the start of marathon training I have been thinking of goals to keep me motivated after the big race.  SO, after revelling in my accomplishment of finishing a marathon I want to keep moving forwards and build on my joy of running.

Work on speed

  1. Run a sub 30 minute 5km and sustain it
  2. Run another half marathon closer to 02:15
  3. Constantly run 3 to 4 times a week minimum
Introduce strength

Zumba MORE

I don't want to try pull in tooooo many things at once but things may change because I want to have fun with whatever I do; one thing I know for sure is that I want to run faster and the strength will help with that.

NOW. If you are paying attention to the drivel I write you will notice that even before I ran the marathon I had a plan and already I have changed my mind ...... see here with what my weekly plan was going to look like .... I'm the ever changing cameleon because I'm flexible like that; in the same way that I am now also running another marathon in October *cheezy grin*.

Along with this is a renewed clean eating self-challenge.  I'm working out the details and will fill you all in soon.

Monday: 15 mins Strength circuit & 15 minute stretch
Tuesday: 3.3 mile run
Today: Rest ... I'm all snotty :(