Tuesday, 26 February 2013

I'm on a Recipe Roll

This is just the best bowl of yummy comfort I have eaten in a while.

I read a blog by TheHungryRunnerGirl and she posted a Minestrone Soup recipe a few days back and I've been musing over it.  The original recipe is HERE (isn't her baby just the CUTEST!) but I clearly adapted it and added a few things of my own in there so here is my version:

Chicken Chorizo Minestrone Soup*:
2 tbs olive oil
3 carrots chopped
1 onion chopped
2 baby zucchini chopped
3 stalks celery chopped
3 squeezes of garlic (3 cloves minced will do as well)
2 cups frozen green beans
1 can diced tomatoes (with sauce)
1 liter of chicken stock +
3 cups hot water
1.5 tsp dried oregano
1.5 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 TBSP Herbamare
2 chicken legs (cooked separately, meat removed from the bone, then added)
2 chicken breasts (cooked separately, then added)
70g Chorizo slices

Saute the veggies in olive oil and garlic (4-5 minutes).  Add the green beans, can of tomatoes and seasonings and stir.  Add the chicken broth, hot water, chicken and chorrizo.  Let simmer for about 30 odd minutes.  

This as it stands can feed 4 hungry people, I'm going to try stretch it to 5 tomorrow by adding some Zero Noodles** and some spinach to it to bulk it out again.

Try it you won't be sorry.

Laraxx

*I totally made that up can you tell? ... because clearly with chicken and chorizo it's not a minestrone ;-)
**I have not tried these before but they are gluten free and contain VERY few calories so Dukan friendly for my diet and I am very much hoping that I like them.