Thank you to Michelle for nominating me for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who generally have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favourite”. So essentially this award is the “favourite blog award” then.
- Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I was born and bred in South Africa
- I HATE rollmops! It’s that jelly eel fish stuff in a jar … it’s just WORNG people!
- I cannot whistle with my fingers in my mouth, you know that loud dog calling whistle … nope can’t do it!
- If I could choose my last meal it would probably be lasagna, with garlic bread and Caesar side salad (lost of parmesan please)
- I hate peanut M&Ms
- I never really knew anyone at school besides my BEST friends, I mean yes I “knew” them but never KNEW them …. Today it makes me sad.
- I would love to write a book and make millions but then who doesn’t!
- My mom has fibromyalgia, my mother-in-law has ME … think I’m doomed but I’ll be dammed if I’ll accept a fate like that – that’s THEM not me!
- Every breath I take is filled with the unconditional love I have for my boys – they just think I’m a nag though.
- I would love to adopt a child if I thought I wasn’t too old.
- Eleven is one of my favourite numbers, the others are 9 and 13
And my nominees are:All the blogs I read are fantastic so I would like these lovely people to carry the award forward:
Katie @ http://www.fromicecreamtomarathon.com
Lisa @ http://lisarunsforcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk
Michelle @ http://www.pushpumpprogress.com
Ali @ http://www.runningwithspatulas.com
Al @ http://www.alsfoodandfitness.com
Laura @ http://boxruneat.blogspot.co.uk
Kristin @ http://www.andsheran.com
Kat @ http://pedalfastergo.blogspot.co.uk
Michelle @ http://princessruns.com
Char @ http://char-mylifesamarathon.blogspot.com.au
Maria @ http://runningcupcake.co.uk
My answers to the 11 questions posted to me:1. Who is your greatest inspiration in life?
I draw inspiration from people who lead by example
2. What are your fitness goals for 2013?
To run the London Marathon and be happy.
3. If you were a crayon….LOL, no. What is your favorite running shoe if you run?
At the moment Nike Run Frees
4. Best memory in a race or life in general?
Crossing the finish of my last half …. I thought I was never going to make it after all the hills!
5. If you could have one do-over, would you, and what would it be?
I would talk and listen more to those around me
6. What is one accomplishment you are really proud of?
7. Do you work out with music, or without, and why?
With music, it motivates me.
8. Are you in your dream profession? If or if not, what is it?
I let you know one day when I grow up ;-)
9. Why did you start blogging?
As an outlet, emotional as well as physical in the documentation of fitness, weight loss and health
10. What is your strongest/weakest trait?
Weakest trait is procrastination;
Strongest being supportive of others
11. You are on a desert island…lol, wait, no…but where do you see yourself in 5 years?
On a beach sipping a cocktail with not a care in the world – it is a dream right ???
My 11 questions for those I nominated:1. If you have a middle name what is it?
2. What is your first memory of a sporting achievement?
3. Cat person or dog person?
4. Diamonds or Pearls?
5. If you could support only one charity which would it be and why?
6. What is your favourite colour to wear whilst working out?
7. What are you missing the most …. RIGHT NOW?
8. Who snores the most/loudest in your house?
9. Have you ever donated blood?
10. Cleaning, cooking & ironing … love it or hate it?
11. Do you own home exercise DVDs? If so … how many? (go on count them, I’ll wait ;-))
Have fun with this peeps, if you can't play it forward or don't want to just answer the questions or something.