Sunday, 30 September 2012

SO, did I stick to the plan?


My Half Marathon Day Plan: .... turned into a GOOD plan ;-)
  1. Wake at 7:30 - CHECK
  2. Eat breakfast - Muffin, bacon & eggs & coffee - CHECK
  3. do "stuff"- CHECK
  4. Get dressed - CHECK
  5. Eat carbo-added banana - CHECK (at race)
  6. Pack fuel belt (1x water; 1x Nuun; 2x Hammer gels) - CHECK
  7. DON'T FORGET THE GARMIN!!!!!! - CHECK
  8. Pack Nuun water, banana & chocolate milk for post run to see me home - CHECK (only needed chocolate milk)
  9. Do more "stuff" - CHECK (at the race)
  10. 9:30 9:15 leave the house - CHECK
  11. Arrive well ahead of 11:00am start time - CHECK
  12. Use porta "do stuff" cubicles - CHECK ... see #9 above
  13. Run like a mad woman being chased by hungry children - half CHECK
  14. Collect medal - CHECK
  15. Smile and feel grateful for finishing alive - CHECK
  16. Get home eat a large pizza and shower; aaaaaand - CHECK
  17. .......RE-LAX! - CHECK


Have I forgive the hills? NO
Will I do it again? I don't know but it is SOOOOOO close!

Full review to follow as soon as I get my feet up & ice on my knee xx