Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Muffin Magic

I did a post a few weeks ago with a recipe for Sweet Muffins and I wanted to update you on how I have been playing around with these.

The original recipe looks like this:
Sweet Oatbran Muffins
Makes 10-12 so 2 are a portion of your daily oatbran intake on Dukan

Ingredients:
140g oatbran (12tbsp)
3 eggs (medium to large)
20g baking powder
20 - 40g sweetener (I use 10g of Splenda) you can use maple syrup, Agave or sugar.
310g fat free vanilla (or flavoured) yoghurt.


I have played around with spices and different creamed cheese products and have come up with the following:

Chili Savoury Muffin Ingredients:
140g oatbran (12tbsp)
3 eggs (medium to large)
20g baking powder
20 - 40g sweetener (I use 10g of Splenda) you can use maple syrup, Agave or sugar.
310g fat free vanilla (or flavoured) yoghurt.

250g Quark + 100g fromage frais (you could use all Quark/All Fromage Frais)
1tsp (or more if you REALLY like fire in a muffin) chili flakes
Strawberry Vanilla in the front with Italian Savoury behind

Italian Savoury Muffin Ingredients:
140g oatbran (12tbsp)
3 eggs (medium to large)
20g baking powder
20 - 40g sweetener (I use 10g of Splenda) you can use maple syrup, Agave or sugar.
310g fat free vanilla (or flavoured) yoghurt.

250g Quark + 100g fromage frais (you could use all Quark/All Fromage Frais)
1TBSP combination of Oregano, Margoram & Sage (or Italian mix or Herbs De Provence would do as well)
Strawberry Vanilla in the hand 

Strawberry Vanilla Muffin Ingredients:
140g oatbran (12tbsp)
3 eggs (medium to large)
20g baking powder
20 - 40g sweetener (I use 10g of Splenda) you can use maple syrup, Agave or sugar.
310g fat free vanilla (or flavoured) yoghurt.

350g Strawberry Fat Free yoghurt
4x 1/2 dropper of vanilla Steiva liquid

.... What I've realised is that the combinations are ENDLESS just think of something and it will work, I've even added 2 HEAPED table spoons of cocoa powder to the original recipe and they were a scrummy afternoon treat with tea ... next I may even mix in some PB2 peanut powder heaven help me!

And what constantly amazes me is that these are SO blooming easy to make and ready in next to no time (15 minutes in the oven ..... THATS ALL folks!)

Enjoy when you make and let me know what flavouring you go for.
Laraxx