Saturday, 25 August 2012

Homemade Dukan Bread


I've made a foray back into baking and its all Dukan approved as well ... which is nice!  I am a bread making romantic and love the idea of fresh smelling bread emanating from my oven on a daily basis.  Now whilst this is not traditional bread I can actually make it and it comes out tasting great :-)


Ingredients:
1tsp baking powder
2tsp yeast
2Tbsp Cornflour
4Tbsp Skimmed milk powder
6Tbsp Oat Bran
4Medium to large eggs
Pictures of the process.

Method:
Set the oven to 170ºC
Separate the whites from the yolks
Add the yolks to the rest of the ingredients and mix. Or put then in a separate bowl and mix dry ingredients together separately as well (I prefer the separate method ... I find it easier when mixing in to the egg whites)
Mix the whites until stiff and form peaks then, still mixing (but slower), add the other contents yolk by yolk and then dry ingredients spoon by spoon. Mix for about two more minutes.  I'v added a pinch of chili flakes once and oregano another time (both were GREAT) but any herbs will add flavour to the bread or you can leave it plain.
Spray a bread tin with low cal spray / oil spray and pour mixture into tin. Put into the oven for about 25 minutes.  Once done, remove and let tin cool for 5 minutes before turning out. Enjoy once cooled if you can wait :-)

And even if you are not on Dukan this is a fantastic quick loaf to make and from beginning to eating lovely warm bread takes about 45 minutes ... a winner in my books.

Laraxx