Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Ultimate Seafood Fritatta

I have been loving these seafood Frittata's this week, I've made them twice and loved them both times. The first time I made them with prawns alone.  I minced half the prawns and roughly chopped the other half and they were JUST as nice :-) This is enough to serve 2 with a pile of steamed veg in winter and a pile of salad in summer.
Small Fritatta's served with savoury pancake, grilled salmon & dill sauce

About 250g fresh peeled prawns (roughly chopped)
Tin crab meat in brine (drained)
3 eggs
Smoked Paprika (to taste.  I used about 1tsp)
Pepper
Rind of 1 medium lemon (or to taste)

Feel free to play around with herbs and spices, I have left out the smoked paprika and added chopped parsley & spring onions instead and it was just as nice - experiment and find your Ultimate Seafood Fritatta :-)

Mix it all into a bowl, lightly spray a non stick frying pan with oil.  Pour mixture into the pan and gently fry on a medium heat.  To cook the top place the pan under the grill for a further 2 to 3 minutes.  Done and dusted, enjoy with a squeeze of lemon or a splash of tabasco .... or both if you are my hubby :-)

Half a large Fritatta with a slice of smoked salmon & dill sauce

When you pour the mixture into the pan you can do one large Frittata or smaller ones ... choose your mood and go with it :-)

Enjoy.
Laraxx