Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Wordy Wednesday

Evening / Morning / Good-day to you wherever you are.  Hope the weather is treating you right as is your health.

I've been flaking a while, it's been half term holidays and I have yet to learn that this does not mean I can go wild with eating junk food (more so than the the kids I hesitate to add).  I opened up a clean slate Monday and have put the first week of June behind me.  It's never easy coming off a carb sugar slump and does take a while.  If you follow me on Facebook or twitter you will already know that afternoon tea & scones have been my downfall.  

So to perk myself right up while in the middle of a carb downer half term I emptied out the piggy banks and treated myself:
  • First up was to order some Bondi Bands.  I've been eyeing them up for a while now and took the international plunge and ordered.  I must say it could't have been easier.  Postage was not a rip off and there were no tax duties to be paid.  I've worn 2 out of the 4 I ordered already and I have to say they are "well comfortable"! They stayed put on my head and are insanely comfortable (I even ran with my hair down today!!). They are not an *instead of* my Sparkly Soul headbands but a compliment to my running wardrobe and moods :-)
  • Second I went and had my toenails painted with Shellac nail polish. Its been rather good and coming up for 2 weeks and no chips so I'm pleased :-)
  • Thirdly I tried to organise my running and gym kit drawer.  So the hanging shelves help and now hold my running gear and the drawer is left with gym, cycling and Zumba gear .... it almost works!!
Exercise is going rather well and I've only had to endure 2 penalties for rolling over and resetting the alarm in the past week.  This is not say I didn't do exercise on those days it just wasn't at 6am in the morning :-)  I had been doing very nicely with running sub 12 minute miles but I think that energy fairy just upped and left me this week.  I'm trying not to be despondent as I'm still sticking to my programme and getting time on my feet and averaging 3.5 to 4 miles each run.  Thing is I know I can do it and to keep gunning for it.

I'm afraid I don't have any more news than that at the moment folks; I'm busy at work again now the kids are back at school and trying to fit it all in. I am reading your blogs and trying to comment with on your blog or via Facebook or twitter so I hope I'm all up to date.

What do you do during constant rainy days to motivate yourself and also to stop the kids watching TV or playing PS3 games all day?

Laraxx