Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Poof ...

Goodness, I was all back and firing on all cylinders in my last post and then poof ...
I disappeared!

So what have I been up to since my Tank Engine "I think I can I think I can" episode?

Food:
I'm just going to come out and say it ....
.... I have REAL issues with food and dieting and/or restricting my intake and my reactions to this.  My brain takes over and convinces me that I NEED everything I am not supposed to have or allow myself to have.  I then progress to stuffing ab.so.lute.ly EVERYTHING in site into my gob. So my binging is very closely linked to my deprivation, I know this so why do I continue to deprive myself? Good question!
I try to eat healthy
I try to eat clean
I try to keep this momentum going
I fail, every time.

SO guess what .... I'm going to stop TRYING and do it!

I'm going to eat healthy wholesome foods that nourish mind, body and soul.  I'm even going to try bake my own bread (watch this space!!!)
I'm trying to let go of the obsession I have with food, its not healthy so its gotta go!

I could waffle on for pages on this but I won't, I want to try keep it simple and unfussed.

Exercise:
Last week I got in a run and a body pump class .... and that was IT!

Boooooooooooooo

My head felt like exploding (well my snivelling nose and blocked ears to be more precise) and all the food issues attacking me I crumbled to the sofa nightly.

So Yesterday with renewed vigour I headed out in the afternoon with the boys to loop around the field out back .... remind me never to try that again, OK ... thank you!  OK so it was fun - AFTER I pushed my "got to do week 3 day 1 of my run schedule" out my head and just enjoyed being out with the boys.  After a single loop of the large field, I left them in the park (where I could still see them) to loop the football fields of sloshiness (it was GROSS). I have no idea of time but mapped it all out to about 3 miles in total.  PS: they STILL wailed that they didn't get enough park time - clearly I need to run slower than my usual 13 minute miles then ;-)

And if you have made it this far without cute kid or puppy pictures thank you.  Your support and motivation is greatly appreciated, from comments to your blog posts - I love it all.  Have a cuppa :-)

My cup of TeaPigs Rooibos Creme Caramel latte after the foam had "melted"

Do find reading peoples blogs or following Facebook or twitter motivating?
I do.

Laraxx