Sunday, 8 April 2012

Easter Eats

And boy has it been a weekend of indulgence DELUX and that is without me even having touched one single solitary easter egg .... YET!

Saturday I made a hummus recipe I read about over at Skinny Latte Strikes Back, which in fact is an Oh She Glows recipe ..... general consensus around the table Saturday lunch time was the hummus ROCKED!  I used smoked tobacco and would dash a few extra drops in next time so its a little more smoky but thats my personal taste preference.

The hubster popped a pork roast with some Apple smoking chips in the Weber for din-dins on Saturday and it was a raging success ..... yip our weekend basically rolled from meal to meal and it was great :-)
After dinner I HAD to make THIS recipe.
Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe
I cal it:
HEAVEN IN A BOWL
& served it up with strawberries, I ask for no more in life at this point :-)

Breakfast was a table laden with croissants, rye bread, Emmental cheese, hot cross buns and German traditional coloured eggs and not forgetting the Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes for with coffee later.


Between the 2 days I did managed an hour on the turbo trainer today and I learnt that I can push myself if I just listen to my own music - it was great to get some sweat on after such a debauched weekend of eats.

So, tonight we are having leftovers and then any sweetness left in the house will sadly go into the bin .... well OK not the kids easter eggs, I PROMISE :-)

It was amazing to spend Easter with such special friends, it makes me truly realise the blessing we have in life.

Laraxx