Friday, 17 February 2012

MindGames

I've been quiet of late and not for my usual reasons of ... "I've been too busy" or "I've been sick".  Now while it HAS been half term holidays and the kids have been at home, entertaining them has been fun.  Our trip up to the London Eye and lunch for example, or Puss in Boots movie Monday :-) it's all been great fun.  But the reason I haven't been blogging much this week is it turns out that I have been carbo loading like no mans business for this half marathon on Sunday.  Now I know I don't actually NEED to carbo load for a half but it just worked out that I had pasta 2 nights in a row and I wasn't going to complain ;-)  And while I'm being honest here I'll slip it in that I am cr@pping my pants hourly about this half - not because I don't think I can do it but it's the logistics of it (IT being the marathon!).  For instance:

  1. will we make it on time??
  2. have I got the right date?
  3. what if I need the toilet?
  4. what if I forget to eat breakfast?
  5. what if I forget to drink water?
  6. what if I have a wardrobe malfunction?
  7. blah, blah, blah, blah ..... my list of fears is inexhaustible I tell you!
It's a nightmare because as you can imagine, any twinge or bump turns into a near trip to the ER and a "will I be ok to run on Sunday?" ......
...... me dramatic?
NEVER!!!!

So I did this today to try and distract myself ...
... and now I feel sick after having some ... hope ER is open ;-)

OK, OK, ok, so I'll sort my kit tomorrow, eat a banana, drink plenty of water and Hubby will make sure I get to the start line on time ...... aaaaannnnndddd ..... BREATH :-)

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY COMPETITION OVER ON FACEBOOK, all you have to do is LIKE the page and guess my half marathon time - entry comment on Facebook (find the "competition time" post) must be before 9am Sunday 19th February 2012 GMT.  Either click on my Facebook link to the right of this post or CLICK HERE.  Good luck.

Laraxx