Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Mental mist

Basically my brain is being a right @ss at the moment and I'm try to sift through the mist that is forming around my brain.  Hoping its just backlash from some awful pictures of me from the weekend (apparently I did dress up and went as a Heffalump!) and from too much sugar and wheat over the past 3 days and that my mojo returns VERY DARN quickly.  I've had my pity party now I need to move on ... yes BRAIN, I talking to YOU!

Thank you Disney :-)

What I have not let the mist do is deter me from exercise and yes, I do feel better after exercising so today I have done kettlebells and Zumba.

Kettlebells:
40secs effort with 20secs rest x 2 sets (1 minute rest between sets)

KB Swings (12kg) 23/24
Goblet Squats (8KG) 12/13
Russian Twists (8kg) 28/26
KB Clean & Press (R)(8kg) 9/9
KB Clean & Press (L)(8kg) 9/10
Windmills (R)(8kg) 4/3.5
Windmills (L)(8kg) 4/3
Single high pulls (8kg) (R) 19/18
Single high pulls (8kg) (L) 20/19

I haven't been to Zumba for about 2 weeks for one reason or another it kept slipping through the net. Glad to be back :-)

Sorry for the moaning-minnie-me, it happens and best to get it out than let it fester up, right?!?!?!

How do you deal with slumps?

laraxx

ps I am LOVING seeing all your halloween pictures, they are all amazing and the costumes are fantastic.  Great work everyone.

6 comments:

  1. I whine and throw myself around for a couple hours, my husband laughs at me, and I eventually get over it. Eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think with slumps you have to have a day off (you probably need it) and then get back to it and force yourself to feel better,
    Oh, and you might want to check out my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slumps are fine and wollowing in it for a while is OK too. Exercise always makes me feel better, so motivating yourself to get the blood pumping is a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got a workout in, that always helps to get u back on track. Slumps suck, we just need to do everything to get ourselves back into it. I find reading other peoples blogs will at times help

    ReplyDelete
  5. They happen, they're a pain, and then they pass. The thing is just not to get too caught up in them (easier said than done of course!).

    I don't have a magic formula for getting through them, if anyone did invent one they'd be very rich! I mostly just have to wait them out - if my body wants time out, it wants it, and better to let it have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slumps are ok as long as you rebound, right?! That is what I tell myself!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)