Saturday, 5 November 2011

I managed to throw myself down some steps on Friday, figs and ice cream went flying & 2 lovely ladies stopped to help me .... thought they were going to whip me off for a cuppa sweet tea any moment.  My left ankle just crumbled under me thanks to bad foot placement and I tried to take the load with my hands but falling on the down meant my knees caught a step first booooooo :-(  

Got home and iced up, there is a leg under there so its not a random pic of mixed veg here ;-)
The good news is that I did 2 miles on the treaddie later and leg sand knees were all good and functioning,  I did ice after the run and put on ibuprofen gel on before bed.  Today the skin is tender but functional.

Today we made apple crumble, I had a helper peeling and chopping which is always good since there were a lot of apples to chop up.


 In the pan ready to go.
mini me jnr with his "crumble topping cake" (which have turned into fab oat bars)

Had a brilliant day today with family and friends, all round awesome.

Laraxx

14 comments:

  1. Yikes! Glad your leg wasn't worse - and that you were able to run on it that day. I could use two adorable helper chefs in my kitchen!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are so darn cute and OUCH that knee looks painful. good that you are icing it! feel better xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no rest up that leg. Your apple crumble looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have thrown myself down stairs many a time too! Glad your knee is functional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooch your knee looks so sore! Hope it's not too painful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch, hope your leg gets better!
    And apple crumble is my fav! (After melktert and malva pudding) (^^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! Sorry to hear about your fall! Glad your leg doesn't seem to be too badly injured though, phew!

    I love apple crumble, mmm. & your boys are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lara! Hope that knee is better! Lovely photos and I love apple crumble with lashings of custard at this time of year:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your fall didn't mess up your ability to run. I hope you get a cool bruise out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh you poor soul, hope that knee heals and doesn't hurt your running training.

    Vics x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch - hope it's still feeling okay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww - poor you! Falling over is terrible, even if it's just your dignity that's bruised.
    Apple crumble is my favourite - can I come over and have some please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is Kimberly Curry from AZ. I love reading your blog too! It's fun having a friend in England! (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love apple crumble. Hope your body recovers quickly from the tumble!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)