Monday, 24 October 2011

Magnificent Monday

Great day today, chillies are on half term (I know .... ALREADY right!) but we chilled and after getting chicken feed & pooch food this afternoon we went to the local woods for a walk.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pics but it was so beautiful we will be back, can't believe we have lived in the area for almost 5 years and not been there before.

Sunday I spent a portion of the day in the kitchen.  I made bean burgers, inspired by Laura over at Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish, this time round though mine were a little sloppy because I tried to blitz the beans with a blender rather than crushing them with a potato masher - lesson learnt.  Then I made some turkey mince muffins, inspired by Rose over at Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri, now these needed a little more egg for more "muffin-ness" if you like.  Here's what my raw mix looked like:
turkey mince, chopped red pepper, spinach and an egg
with a splash of flaxseed over
In the pan ready for the oven.

I had one with a bean burger patty this morning for breakfast, twaz yummy :-)

If you haven't already, please remember to hop over to my Facebook page and see what's going on over there, thank you muchly :-)

laraxx

3 comments:

  1. Bell pepper! I bet that's awesome. I need to try that next time.

    And, inspired by your bean burger patty, I wonder how beans would do in these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies and your meat muffins! I like the idea of the bell peppers as well, that sounds wonderful. I feel like I couldn't stomach them for breakfast though, but I would love to reheat them for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello delicious, why yes I think I shall be trying these in the weekly menu. Thanks woman!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)