Friday, 7 October 2011

Getting Things Done

I can check off 2 more things from my list of things to do in getting myself ready for training for the marathon.

I had my gait checked out today.  I have not had it done since 2007 when I walked the London MoonWalk and I wanted to make sure that everything was still the same.  I mean I am currently uninjured and would like to stay that way for the duration of training and running the marathon.  Anyways the lovely peeps at Up and Running were fab.  There was no need for on the treadmill video analysis as I have a good neutral gait, suffice to say "if it aint broke don't fix it", so I ordered another pair of the same trainers I use at the moment (Asics Gel Cumulus) as my current ones are getting a little tired.  I haven't been keeping track of mileage but I can feel that on my right foot strike the padding feels *lumpy*


And then while I was out shopping for whiteboard pens for hubby (never let me loose in a stationary shop by myself - NEVER!)  I spied this little beauty and because its a mid-year to mid-year diary I thought it would make a PERFECT marathon training log, its broken in to days of the week, with a week per 2 pages and everything :-)


Happy Friday folks, have a great weekend.  What are you up to?
We are off to watch the Titans of Cricket on Saturday evening which should be a blast.
laraxx

11 comments:

  1. My older daughter is just the same! She loves buying all kinds of stationary!! Have a lovely weekend:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to an avocado festival on Saturday. That should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love September school starting for the new stationary. *saddo alert*

    My overpronating feet feet are jealous of your neutral gait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely diary hun :) Stationary is awesome.

    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're going to be the most well-prepared runner in the entire event!

    I wear the same shoes as you :) But that's because they're the only ones that fit my orthotics properly - I have so many things wrong with my gait it's ridiculous, it's just that the orthotics require a neutral shoe. I am highly envious of your equivalent of a 20/20 gait! Darn hypermobile joints...great for yoga, very bad for running.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. a chilled and relaxing weekend for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great you got your gait analysis done. I don't run but it's something I 've had on MY to-do list for aaaaaaages. And also great that you have a nice neutral gait, that's what everyone craves isn't it :) I also love ticking things, it makes me feel like I've "accomplished" something, though as I'm left handed my ticks always go the other way. I used to "conform" and do the ticks the "normal" way then I thought feck that I'm leftie and proud. I am not a communist though...

    Love love stationery and I love love love that notebook, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seriously impressed that you are doing a marathon. The mere thought of it makes me want to pass out!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep meaning to say thanks for the sponsorship
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should get a gait analysis. I'm kind of scared to hear what the results of it would be though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)