Monday, 8 August 2011

Being the best me I can be :-)

Good things:
Feeling less stressed today
Not putting any pressure on myself regards food or exercise, taking it one day at a time
Getting my hands into the soil
Here's what I've eaten so far today:
I headed into the veggie patch for some greenss and mixed up a smoothie
YECH!!!
it was bitter and vile, even with a banana in it :-(
So I moved to plan 2 ....
MUUUUUUCH better :-)
scrambled eggs from the girls with a chopped up slice of left over pork & a cuppa coffee

Lunch is not pictured because I wolfed it down with the kids, but it was those yummy pizza bases from Sainsburys.  We all had something different on our half, for me it was chicken chunks, chorizo chunks & mozzarella, in other words ..... I had it all and it was SCRUMMY!!!  Rounded off with 4 green starbursts for afters that the kids were not interested in .... thanks for the leftovers guys!!!!

Dinner: Team effort to get this done, potato & butternut bake (moi) & chicken pieces off the barby made by my ever clever hubby - YIP, he cooks WAAAAAAY better than I do most days ;-)
Tatties bound for the bake
The potato & butternut bake mmmmmm

Exercise today ..... NAUGHT

Proud moment of the day:
Mini-me-snr & his mate playing chess as afternoon entertainment ....... UUUMM, followed swiftly by a dose of Sponge!!!!!!!!!!!  Can't win em all ;-)

Today has been about looking after myself and loving myself a little more each and every day :-)

I feel I have done this and have been much calmer as a result, which equals a nicer mommy too - win win all round.

laraxx

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! That potato butternut bake looks absolutely scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've got a brilliant attitude :-)
    Sometimes green smoothies just don't work out and not even a banana can rescue it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! I would have needed something more than that smoothie as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, green smoothies can be so hit and miss. Unless you cover them in about a million toppings...I don't think I've ever had one 'straight!'

    So pleased today went well :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never met a green smoothie that I've liked :P

    The potato- butternut bake looks yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)