Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Courgette Recipe

I've been asked for the risotto recipe so here we go folks read, make and enjoy.
.... also know as RISOTTO CON FIORI ZUCCHINI *
Ingredients:
2 litres chicken stock (they make their own but we used cubes)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, trimmed and finely chopped
1 carrot, scraped and finely chopped
1 onion, peeled and finel chopped
50g unsalted butter
5 tbsp olive oil
240g carnaroli risotto rice
2 small courgettes, finely chopped (we used 4 small from the garden)
salt & freshly ground black pepper
50g parmesan cheese freshly grated, plus extra to serve
5 courgette flowers (we used 4 small from the garden)

Method:
Have the stock next to you.
Put the garlic, celery, carrot & onion in a large pan with half the butter and olive oil and sweat until soft (about 7 minutes).  Add the rice and stir for a minute ++NOTE++not in the recipe was hubby added a slug or two of vermouth before the first ladle of stock)++ then start to add the stock a few ladlefuls at a time, stir until you see the rice has absorbed the liquid.  Continue adding liquid and stirring.  After 10 minutes of adding & stirring add the courgette pieces, continue to cook in the same way until the rice is al dente, make sure the last addition of stock is enough to keep the rice loose but not wet.

Add salt and pepper to taste and beat in the remaining butter and the parmesan.  Fold in the courgette flowers and serve immediately sprinkled with parmesan.

The recipe says it serves 4 and greedy as we are we still managed to get a FULL 3 HUGE bowls out of it, normally with risotto recipes for 4 we can smack the whole portion between the 2 of us.

laraxx

*I figure copyright laws say you can't reproduce more than 10% (I think) so 1 recipe should keep me in the clear but I URGE you GET THE BOOK it's awesome and if you can see the telly series even better, Antonio & Gennaro are like an old married couple, its beautiful.
** Also available from book shops, Tesco & Sainsbury's

6 comments:

  1. I also like booze in my risotto! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a lot of oil..... could you get away with less do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can, but the taste suffers!

    Thank you, I shall be making that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made rissoto - thanks for sharin' the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love risotto. Your version looks so rich and creamy...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never made risotto I need to try it one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)