Sunday, 17 July 2011

Confessions along with goals update & rejig

& this was PRE syrup drowning
mmmmmmmmm, well ..... uuuummmmmmmm, yeah - OK, so my diet pretty much went to pot after my last post and I have eaten for Africa.  I'm going to blame the in-laws leaving on Saturday for my downfall (I hate good buys & shut down).  So I'm picking myself up and dusting myself off and going all badass goody-two shoes on myself in the morning.

There will be no more of this ...

... and LOTS more of this!

My Exercise plan for the week is as follows:
Monday: Freddie
Tuesday: Workout A from NRoL
Wednesday: Rest / Zumba
Thursday: Workout B from NRoL
Friday: Freddie / Zumba


I haven't looked at these in a while but today looked at my motivational page and thought I'd better give them the once over.  So here goes ...

as they stood, Goals for 2011 and beyond …....
  1. Loose enough weight to get my wedding and engagement rings back on - still in progress, I think eating clean will go a long way to helping me here
  2. Start running again with the C25K program - I seem to have stumbled here a bit.  I feel like I've fallen out of love with running again so am doing it when I feel I WANT to rather than when I NEED to
  3. Run the Great South Run in October 2011 - this will be dependent on point 2
  4. Be able to skip non-stop to the full length of the Eye of The Tiger (4 minutes) - mmmmmmmmm need to crack the whip with this one!
  5. Continue to train doing full pushups - back to bench pushups .... I'm working my way back down if that makes sense!
  6. To have a healthy BMI (ideally 22) and and body fat percentage of about 25% would be ideal - a work in progress
  7. To weigh 62kgs before the end of 2011 - work in progress
  8. To wear my twisted jeans that have sat in my cupboard for about 10 years and feel great in them - work in progress
  9. To be fit and have developing muscle definition - ongoing
  10. Eat clean and healthy as a way of life - getting there
  11. Do a “thankful” list each week on my blog - UUUMMMM, totally missed this one!!! DOH!
  12. Take at least 5 consecutive rest days every 8 to 10 weeks of exercise - when I've done 8 to 10 weeks I'll let you know ;-)
  13. Paint my nails once a week - NOT!
  14. Download one new song to workout to each month - NOT!
  15. Be more regular with eeerrrrmmmmm *dehairing* - NOT!
  16. Spend at least 15 minutes individually with each of the boys – daily - getting better at this
  17. Keep the house clean - thanks to the in-laws yes ;-)
  18. Keep washing washed and folded so it doesn't pile up - dailySo far, so good :-)
  19. Be in bed by 10:30pm every evening - more often than not I think I'm close
  20. Don't be afraid to push my body occasionally to see where my limits have moved to - New Rules of Lifting seems to be helping me here, still think I could push further!
***********

Rejiged Goals for 2011 and beyond (these will be constantly amended and updated) …....
  1. Loose enough weight to get my wedding and engagement rings back on
  2. Get running again with the C25K program or intervals
  3. Be able to skip non-stop to the full length of the Eye of The Tiger (4 minutes)
  4. Continue to train doing full pushups
  5. To be fit and have developing muscle definition - ongoing
  6. Eat clean and healthy as a way of life
  7. Take at least 5 consecutive rest days every 8 to 10 weeks of exercise
  8. Be more kind to myself:

    1. Paint my nails occasionally
    2. Download new songs to workout to 
    3. Be more regular with eeerrrrmmmmm *dehairing*
  9. Spend quality time individually with each of the boys 
  10. Keep the house clean
  11. Keep washing washed and folded so it doesn't pile up 
  12. Try be in bed by 10:30pm in the evening
  13. Don't be afraid to push my body occasionally to see where my limits have moved to
  14. Run the Great South Run in October 2011
  15. To have a healthy BMI (ideally 22) and and body fat percentage of about 25% would be ideal
  16. To weigh in the region of 62kgs before the end of 2011 (shape dependent!)
  17. To wear and feel great in my twisted jeans that have sat in my cupboard for about 11 years 
  1. And if you made it through all that, well done :-) 
    laraxx

    9 comments:

    1. I think I commented before that I agreed with going to bed early, and in fact I have been terrible with this lately!
      I might see you at the Great South run! How exciting! I keep reading that everyone is doing the north one! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. You totally have to be in the mood to run and not force yourself. I think forcing oneself just makes you resent it. We all have to amend goals. Great job!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yep, goals have to be challenging but also flexible - sometimes you progress quicker than expected and sometimes life gets in the way, but in either event the goal should flex.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I rarely stick to goals that I write down ... I like to call it being flexible.
      I like the one about 5 consecutive rest days - I think that would potentially be a good idea for me.

      ReplyDelete
    5. re the being in bed by 10.30 - that's all well and good but it's the quality of the sleep that really counts.... and to that end all the others will fit in with that - the eating well, exercising hard, keeping the house tidy (so it's not playing on your mind).

      keep at it girl :) x

      ReplyDelete
    6. Wow you've got a lot of goals - that's awesome :) I like the one about being kind to yourself!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Great goals! I agree, blame it all on the in-laws, I would....lol. I think once you #10 ihas been incorporated into our everyday life, a lot of the others fall into place. You cam do it girl!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Those pancakes look delicious and I'm sure they were totally worth it! I'm feeling the need to detox a bit after my hols.. there was a LOT of vodka involved and healthy food was nigh on impossible to stick to!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Argh the getting to bed early thing is a pain! I am usually in bed by 10.30 but I can't switch off, and end up surfing the net on my phone. FAIL!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)