Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Modify Me Baby

..... homemade Lara Bars that is.  I can't seem to get enough of them lately.  Today I made another tray but modified it a little so my recipe goes like this:

Homemade Lara Bars:
What You Need:
my cup measure is a cappuccino cup (the end result fits perfectly into my tray for baking)
1/2 c. pecans
1/2 c. walnuts
1/2 c. almonds
1 1/2 cups mixed nuts blitzed in the mini chopper (tried  to keep them chunky)
1/2 c. dried fruit
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1/2 1 c. pitted dates
2 tbsp honey (or agave)
1 egg, beaten will up to 2 eggs next time
3 2 tbsp Sunbutter w/flax seeds
12 squares of dark 85% G&B 100g chocolate bar (1 for each bar ;-)
1L tbsp flaxseeds
I also only baked for 20 minutes @ 250degF.  They are more crumbly, which is what I prefer.  But because they were more crumbly I will use 2 eggs next time just to try hold them together more when I cut them.

I've already inhaled 3 4 of these little babies :-)

Kenwood Mini Chopper
one of the best items in my kitchen, constantly being used!

Have a great evening all, I'm still trying to convince myself to go for the Day 1 C25K run/walk ......

laraxx
ps not paid to promote the Kenwood mini chopper, I just love it :-)

3 comments:

  1. I love the sound of these - all the ingredients that I love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh this looks good! I love making my own snack bars -- sooo much less expensive that way!

    Also: your pancakes topped with Mars bars? Ummm that sounds beyond incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I had to get a new motor for my mini chopper as I wore it out chopping frozen fruit and stuff! Oops! Now I have my big girl food processor! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)