Sunday, 1 May 2011

*living a new healthy lifestyle*

This has always been part of my intro but it's been a bit hit and miss with me as far as "healthy eating" is concerned.  I know whats NOT good for me but I seem to still eat those things mmmmmmmm, I need to pay more attention to this me thinks ;-)

With this living a new healthy lifestyle post I'm hinting more towards the "The Good Life" kind of living**See Below 

From a livestock perspective, we only have hens at the moment ;-)

Anyways I digress mildly, but we HAVE been busy building and hauling soil and all sorts of stuff to get raised beds built and ready.  You may recall I have seeds sprouting in the greenhouse, some VERY well and some not so well.  All an experiment at the moment.  SO here are a few pics of what we have been up to .....
2 tonnes of soil to move
One of our supervisors
The raised beds built and in place 
 12 bags of stone/gravel to move to the back and scatter for the path
 Beds filled with soil, stones/gravel in place.
Strawberry pots in the foreground.
VERY proud of all our effort. 

So we have to finish the stones/gravel and get some sort of net cover to go over them when we plant out as the poochies do seem to think its loads of fun to go trampling through the boxes!!!!  They also seem to think the chicken poop in the composter is exclusively for them ..... they LOVE chicken shit, its like doggie crack!

As the new and hopefully super-duper green fingered Tom and Barbara, I look forwards to harvesting LOTS of fresh veggies in the near future and will keep you posted of shenanigans of The Good Life :-)

laraxx

**From the BBC site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/goodlife/
"On his 40th birthday to be precise, Tom Good decides that he's had enough of the rat race and that he and wife Barbara will become self-sufficient.  The pair convert their garden into a farm, get in the pigs and chickens, grow their own crops......."

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, love your garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're growing veggies in your garden! I have fantasies of living a self-sustained lifestyle, house and all, so this is really exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that's what I call a GARDEN!!

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the video really enjoyed it I used to watch this program when it was on tv ( showing my age now)
    Now I'm living the good life and loving every minuite of it
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)