Monday, 28 February 2011

*SOB* the no bootcamp workouts

OK, now I've finally made a decision to discontinue bootcamp for a month before deciding on signing up again or not.  I think it will give me a great opportunity to see how I cope and what my schedules start to look like.  I've put a few ideas down and one of them includes starting up with running again.

RUNNING SCHEDULE:

Starting at week 4 of C25K that should mean 6 weeks to get to running 5km so by the end of easter holidays I should be good to start upping mileage to get to 10miles for the Great South Run (GSR) in October.  I do have a GSR running schedule which looks silly to me at the moment so once I know I'm comfortable at 5km I'll revise it - at the moment it basically ups mileage by half a km each week to create a long run but keeps the other 2 runs at 5kms each.


The Exercise Proposal A:

Saturday: Rest day
Sunday: Body Combat / Body Pump
Monday: **wake up routine & Run & swim
Tuesday: Rest day or kettlebells circuit
Wednesday: wake up routine & Run & swim
Thursday: Body Pump 
Friday: wake up routine & Run

The Exercise Proposal B:

Saturday: Rest day
Sunday: Body Combat / Body Pump
Monday: wake up routine & BodyRock.TV workout
Tuesday: BodyRock.TV workout
Wednesday: wake up routine & BodyRock.TV workout
Thursday: Body Pump & BodyRock.TV workout
Friday: wake up routine & BodyRock.TV workout
........ I thought it would be interesting to follow their routines for a week???? Not sure about this one??!!!!!!!!

The Exercise Proposal C:
Saturday: Run/walk program
Sunday: Body Combat / Body Pump
Monday: wake up routine & 30 day shred DVD (2 levels) 
Tuesday: Run/walk program & swim
Wednesday: wake up routine & kettlebells
Thursday: Body Pump & Run/walk program
Friday: wake up routine & Rest

On a side note for Alison, and any other vegetarians or vegans interested in Nairn's Dark Chocolate Chip Oat biscuits:

They are listed as suitable for vegetarian, no indication for vegans though, SO here you go ...
Ingredients as listed:
Wholegrain oats 59%, Dark chocolate chips 9% (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, emulsifier: soya lecithin, natural vanilla), Demerara sugar, Palm fruit oil , Dark chocolate powder 5% (sugar, cocoa mass, fat reduced cocoa powder), Dietary Fibre, Partially Inverted Syrup, Potato Starch, Barley Malt Syrup, Raising Agents (Ammonium Bicarbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Sea Salt, Natural Flavouring.
Allergy Advice:
Contains Gluten and Soya.  May contain traces of milk.  Both our recipe and factory are nut free.  We cannot guarantee our ingredients are nut free.


I'm going to dose up now, I have ear ache from hell and even co-codemal isn't making much of a dent.  Hubby's just put kids to bed so think I'm going to follow with bath and bed.

laraxx

** Wake up routine:
20 two legged hip raisers; 15 kneeling single arm superman's; aiming for up to 50 double hand kettlebell swings, start with 20 to 30 swings (16kg)

3 comments:

  1. Proposal A would appeal most to me - I'm interested to read about how you get on, especially as I want to start running once I get over my injury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks! And best of all I don't see milk listed in there! I had a big debate the other day with someone about allergy advice, but I won't go into that here.. ;)

    I think C appeals the most, but really it depends what you most enjoy doing. I'd make sure you get 1-2 full rest days in though as you're coming back to running, as your body won't be used to it.

    Hope the earache shifted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A appeals to me - the swimming days after weights days will be most welcome.

    I found those nairns biccies in snack packs - lethal!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)