Friday, 11 February 2011

Everybody Dance Now!

Good lordy I forgot to mention yesterdays MAJOR exercise advance ......... I did my push-ups in Body Pump as FULL push-ups, OK so there aren't millions but hey ................... dance the happy dance with me :-)



WHEW, and I made it to bootcamp this morning.  No not 06:15 in the am, the lovely folks at Sussex Bootcamp HQ let me shift me secession to the 09:30am secessions.  Aaaaaand I'm very pleased to say that Katie is no softy aaaaaand I think I did Mark proud with boxing - none of this however made the rain stop!!!!!


SO, now that it looks like I'm pulling myself kicking and screaming out the depths of my self pity I need to keep looking ahead and I'm thinking my week next week will look something like this:


Week Commencing 14th February
Monday: Bootcamp (am) and C25K Week 3 day 1 OR Swimming
Tuesday: C25K Week 3 day 2
Wednesday: Bootcamp and C25K Week 3 day 2 OR Zumba (10.35 – 11.30am)
Thursday: Body pump
Friday: Bootcamp (am) and C25K Week 3 day 3 OR Swimming
Saturday: Body pump
Sunday: REST DAY 



Now I know there are a lot of "AND's, OR's, IF's & BUT's" in there but I want to add something but I'm not sure what so I'm possibly going to try a mixture of the above but also need to listen to my body for fatigue signs - don't want to stress my body out and do any damage!


What have I learnt from my dance with self pity, well it would be this:
1. Its real, I really had no gumption or will power to do anything (ask hubby he even met  and made the acquaintance of *the dishwasher*)
2. I needed time to go into my head and find myself again, not find the problem (I'd still be there!!!).  I personally needed to find a way back to motivating myself, something that worked for me
3. There was no one particular thing that contributed to my state but more a collection of things


And finally, can I advise anyone else on what to do if it ever happens to them, well no, I believe we all need to do what is right for us.  How do you deal with times like this? I needed time to stop and let myself think, and feel .... feel the passion again - Where was my passion? Where had it gone? How could I find it again?
I'll see you all on the other side of the weekend, have a great one :-)
laraxx

5 comments:

  1. Really good to see your Passion has re-appeared Lara :)

    I think all of us have days/weeks/even months where the Passion goes into hiding and you're absolutely right, we all have to find our own way to bring it back out into the sunshine.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah full push ups- respect! :) I have managed some but not recently! I am too shaky from the other tracks so well done :)
    I think that you have to think about what you love- take a step back so you are not exercising for any point except when you want to. Then you will get it back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full pushups!! Yess! :D

    And how do I deal with foul moods? At first I try to push through them, with a mixture of tough workouts and hardcore Fun (aka socializing and other such stuff). But if that really won't work then I do what you did, which is pull back and give myself some space. I did that the last couple of weeks, by scrapping my schedule.

    On which note, I think your Ifs and Buts are good under these circumstances. Give yourself a bit of flexibility to find that feeling of excitement and enthusiasm again. It's come :-)

    And did I say well done for the full pushups! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed with the full push-ups! It's the holy grail for me ... one day perhaps!

    When I feel in a bad mood and don't feel like doing anything I try and push on with my routine - exercise generally helps. Sometimes that doesn't work and I have to sink into it a bit. Luckily it generally only lasts a day or two. Plus whoever *wants* to deal with the dishwasher?

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) thanks all. Push ups are still with legs wide .... too close together and I can't get back up !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)