Monday, 17 January 2011

Need to ......

Right …... eeeerrrrmmmmmm need help, need to get it out, need to get over it, need to move on.  

I haven't exercised or logged a single food item in my diary for 3 full days and I'm now scared shitless that this is the slippery slope back to fatdom. Now as an educated person I know this is not the case but I bailed on my bootcamp class this morning and have not had the gumption to do any exercise at home and weeeeelllllll ….... it's unnerved me a little.  


Logical reason
for bailing on bootcamp …... I hadn't booked an outdoor swimming lesson!

Logical reason for not logging food …... its hard as hubby has not been as diligent getting back on track which has made my efforts a little half hearted :-(
Logical reason for half heartedness …... I'm letting say ONE Chinese meal be an excuse for eating crap for the next week!
Logical Lessons learnt from all this:
- 3 days does not make a person fat
- One bad meal does not condone a week of chocolate & biscuits
- I feel better after exercise than I do after half a pack of biscuits
- I think my brain needed a rest from it all and now its had it I can regain normality  

Weekly Exercise Plan:

Saturday: scheduled rest day
Sunday: unscheduled rest day
Monday: unscheduled rest day
Tuesday: kettlebells & skipping
Wednesday: bootcamp
Thursday: body pump
Friday: bootcamp

This song feels appropriate to me today but to be honest, I love it any day of the week :-) Sorry but couldn't upload the official video - it wouldn't let me so click the link to take you to youtube.

Avril Lavigne - Official 'Alice


Alice - The Lyrics


I'm Trippin out 

Spinning around

I'm underground

I fell down

Yeah I fell down


I'm freaking out, where am I now?

Upside down and I can't stop it now

Can't stop me now, oh oh


I,I, I'll get by
I,I, I'll survive
When the world's crashing down

When I fall and hit the ground
I will turn myself around

Don't you try to stop me

I,I, I won't cry


I found myself in Wonderland

Got back on my feet, again 

Is this real?

Is this pretend?

I'll take a stand until the end


I,I, I'll get by
I,I, I'll survive

When the world's crashing down

When I fall and hit the ground

I will turn myself around

Don't you try to stop me

I,I, I won't cry


I,I, I'll get by

I,I, I'll survive

When the world's crashing down

When I fall and hit the ground

I will turn myself around

Don't you try to stop me

I,I, and I won't cry

laraxx

3 comments:

  1. When you're used to working out 5-6 days a week, 3 days off in a row seems MAMMOTH. I know from experience! But Lara, most people don't EXERCISE 3 days a week. You are incredibly fit and active, and if you miss a few days here, that is going to have so little impact on your overall health. If anything, it might do you good. When I go back after a few days off, I'm always raring to go, physically and mentally, and have a really great session.

    The food issue with hubby is a bit more problematic I guess. It's so difficult to maintain your motivation in the face of someone else giving in a little here and there. Can you have a chat to him about it? Even if he's loosed the reins, can you ask him to be supportive of your efforts?

    Keeping fit and eating well is all about amassing individual workouts and good food choices. But don't lose sight of the big picture as well. A couple of days compared to all the hard work you've put in, and will continue to put in in the future, won't even register in the long term.

    Now go get a good night's sleep! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, at least you stuck to the plan on Saturday!

    You'll be fine from today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100% on the money there Rob :-)

    Alison, thank you for your kind words, feeling much stronger today mentally and physically. Funny thing is literally 3 seconds after I hit the post button hubby got his "dreaded" email from his trainer-to-be so I think I can be strong for a few more days and then we can both be on the same page, I will however afford myself a little snigger as he moans and writhes in muscular pain *mwahahahahaaaaa*.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)