Friday, 7 January 2011

I'm such a girl!

I need to start off with what happened to my Thursday evening kettlebell bootcamp secession.  Steve from Sussex Bootcamps phoned me back today and I hadn't got it all wrong, it was supposed to be 18:15 on Thursday but it had been cancelled because there were not enough people registered; so I lamented that I WAS on the list but no one had phoned to let me know ..... turns out I had been put on a list but not THE list.  Sad because I miss out on a month of kettlebell training as I can't do next months secessions, it goes back to a Tuesday and that clashes with mini-me's karate.  On the up side it now opens up Thursdays for Body Pump; I've been thinking about trying it out - comes highly recommended by fellow blogger and WLRer, Maria, so I will be booking tomorrow ..... or maybe Monday ........

Today I took twice as long in Tesco as normal, seems I got lost in the stationary isle and then the fitness equipment isle and now I have an accessory dilemma on my hands!  I bought two beautiful note books for keeping tabs of my workouts and measurements and stuff and now I need to decide which one to use first.

So I need your help in choosing which one I use first
A. is on the left and B. is on the right
vote below in the comments box please.

Pretty pens

I also bought this pack of 4 pretty pens to go with them and have already had to fight the boys off the blue and green ones ... wonder why they are not so keen on the pink or purple ones *mwahahahahaaaaaa* evil cackle and makes mental note all at the same time :-)

So after I had trawled the rest of the stationary section ..... I'm a firm believer in "you can NEVER have too much stationary" ... I found my way to the fitness equipment isle and decided I needed one of these in my house - someone slap me please!!!
The box looked good!
.... but it came in pieces!!!

I managed to put it together (I mean it was only about £7.00) but I'm not expecting it to hold for too long.  I have discovered that I can hang off it for a few seconds and managed to pull my legs up twice and then I was all sweaty and shaky had to put it away :-)

Exercise week summary:  

Monday: naught
Tuesday: bootcamp & kettlebell sets
Wednesday: bootcamp
Thursday: kettlebell bootcamp replaced 
Friday: bootcamp great boxing secession
Saturday: REEEEEEEST
Sunday: might try one of those telly fitness secessions????  

Say Something nice :-)

I love the inspiration, motivation, ideas and nudges I get from followers and fellow bloggers, wish I had time to read more blogs.  

laraxx   


Goals for the next 12 months:

1. I want to be able to get my wedding and engagement rings back on – comfortably!!!
2. Go skiing in April 2011, so my challenge is to earn the money
3. Be at a healthy BMI by mid January 2011
4. Run the Great South Run in October 2011
5. To weigh 62kgs by June 2011
6. To be fit and have developing muscle definition
7. Beat the skipping monster into submission and be able to skip non-stop to the full length of the Eye of The Tiger (4 minutes)
8. Be doing full push-ups in all my workouts by July 2011
9. Step outside of my comfort zone and attend 4 boxing secessions at the Horsham Amateur Boxing Club
10. To have a healthy BMI (ideally 22) and and body fat percentage of about 25% would be ideal
11. To wear my twisted jeans that have sat in my cupboard for about 10 years and feel great in them

7 comments:

  1. I vote A.

    I'm also a sucker for coloured pen sets, though I favour the fineliners with an unfathomable penchant for the green one.

    My training log is a rather more utilitarian red lever arch folder (I didn't choose it - red reminds me far too much of the team loved everywhere bar Manchester - Man Utd), filled with printed off sheets of a little table I designed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote B, I'm a sucker for notebooks, I used to write all my workouts in a notebook as well as on my blog.. Good choice with the pull-up bar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really would love to be able to do a push-up haha! Great goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink and spotty one :)
    Love the coloured pens too.
    And go for body pump- I bet you will love it! Just start with low weights (the instructor will tell you what to go for) til you get an idea of how it all goes. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A is sooo definitely my favourite, so I'd never ever use it - I'm weird, I want things to last forever when I like them so I end up never using them.

    What on earth is that OneBody thing? Looks like a torture implement to me ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gets my vote...now I want to go to Tesco :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I missed the vote. So I'll say that I like your SSN :-)

    I kinda want a pullup bar, but know it'll be pointless..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)