Thursday, 6 January 2011

H&S

No, thats not Health & Safety …… thats Head vs Stomach.
Yesterday I had a continual battle raging between the two.  I was so close on several occasions to scoffing junk like crisps, biscuits & who knows what I may have bought while shopping in Sainsburys if I'd given in!!!!!!!!!  I did polish off the kids chips left on the tray but in exchange I didn't have a bun or wrap with my Thai Turkey Burger.  The biscuits I bought for the kids (Hobnob vanilla cream things) ……. I KNOW are there haunting me, they look great and I know I won't be able to have just one, as it is the custard cremes have been banned from the house for a while.  

I'm back to eating 5 meals a day but not the strict veg/rice/chicken eating; I'm having say an Eat Natural / Nature Valley bar as one of the mid meal snacks and Corn Thins topped with bean pate or cream cheese or chicken/ham pieces.  So its far more flexible but feels like its keeping my metabolism ticking over.  


I've not officially weighed or measured in a while; I did hop on the scales after New Year and was about 1kg up so not to bad.  I'll be doing a proper weigh & measure on Saturday or Sunday morning and will post stats next week.  I'm also planning my 2nd challenge video for the end of the month to set a mildly longer goal than this weeks weigh to hold my focus …. I'm like a kid, you need to hold my attention otherwise I go off in a different direction heeheehee :-)  


Eeeeeerrrrrrrmmmmmm about an hour after lunch today I could not resist the Hobnob vanilla creams so I scheduled in 4 with a cup coffee instead of a healthy snack, but me being me landed up polishing them off and consumed the last 9 of them before my coffee was even finished AAAGGGGGGHHHHHH, and then this evening hubby went in the biscuit box for a few (all gone obviously) and then waggled his finger at me saying "
its just food not a drug"!!!!…..but food IS my drug and he knows this so just a bit of gentle nudging I think he called it, I'll "nudge" him I will ;-)      
I'm most grumpy this evening, well I was I'm over it now.  I tootled off to my kettlebell bootcamp secession for 18:15 this evening only to find no one there, I've had no communication to say it had moved or been cancelled and I was clearly the only one there so possibly I've got it all wrong????mmmmmmm  Not to be discouraged I came home and did a workout inspired by someone called Zuzanna at bodyrock.tv 


Zuzanna - how awesome is her body!
for the original workout click here.
I swapped the sandbag for a 16kg kettlebell and didn't do the press-up in the burpee just the down/jump back/up & jump.  

It took me 27min 50sec including all the rest breaks I had to take.
Swings, I maintained 10 each for swings
Burpee count was 10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/10/14/20
...... my legs were shaking and breathing was just a tad heavy, who knew doing just 2 exercises could bring me to my knees!!!!

So my week to date looks like this:

Monday: naught
Tuesday: bootcamp & kettlebell sets
Wednesday: bootcamp
Thursday: kettlebell bootcamp replaced with above workout
Friday: bootcamp
Saturday: REEEEEEEST
Sunday: might try one of those telly fitness secessions????

Say Something nice :-)
I'm proud of myself for coming home after no kettlebell bootcamp and 
not stuffing my face.

laraxx

Goals for the next 12 months:

1. I want to be able to get my wedding and engagement rings back on – comfortably!!!
2. Go skiing in April 2011, so my challenge is to earn the money
3. Be at a healthy BMI by mid January 2011
4. Run the Great South Run in October 2011
5. To weigh 62kgs by June 2011
6. To be fit and have developing muscle definition
7. Beat the skipping monster into submission and be able to skip non-stop to the full length of the Eye of The Tiger (4 minutes)
8. Be doing full push-ups in all my workouts by July 2011
9. Step outside of my comfort zone and attend 4 boxing secessions at the Horsham Amateur Boxing Club

10. To have a healthy BMI (ideally 22) and and body fat percentage of about 25% would be ideal

11. To wear my twisted jeans that have sat in my cupboard for about 10 years and feel great in them

3 comments:

  1. That workout sounds like hard work! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polishing off the Hobnobs certainly resonates with me.

    Not bingeing after the dissapointment of the class is a real achievement though in my book. I (almost) inevitably react badly to changes like that, finding transient solace in refined carbs. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rob, and especially since you had been having a hard time in the run-up to that as well. You are fighting really hard Lara, and it's ****ing impressive. Getting back into a routine at this time of year is tough, but damn it you're determined! That really comes through in this post, and is what's going to guarantee your success over the long term. You deserve it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)