Monday, 31 January 2011

1 down & just 11 to go

Wow this year has gotten off to a cracking start and I still feel disorganised for some reason, never mind my head and my life will sort itself out slowly but surely :-)

I need to get this out quickly before I change my mind, I must remember that this blog is about the good AND the BAD. I just had a bit of a food crash today. This afternoon to be specific, think I can trace it back to yesterdays Cote breakfast (french brioche with syrup, fruit and we added bacon), I seem to have managed to surpress it until today. All healthy options consumed but still in quantities to topple me over my maintenance calories by a hefty 600 calories.  I have been there before and will forge ahead with my week as planned and will hopefully negate some of the damage along the way.


"Golden brown and covered with fruit. A classic."

Planning a week without bootcamp - YEIKS!  Now this was a tough task to say the least but I've managed to come up with this.........

Weekly Exercise Plan:
Saturday: Body Pump - launch of the latest release
AWESOME :-)
Sunday: scheduled rest day
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
Monday: 30 Day shred, 2 levels
only managed 1 level as I frittled too much getting ready, better than naught though
Tuesday: kettlebells & skipping or possibly swimming????
Wednesday: 30 Day shred, 2 levels
Thursday: body pump
Friday: Zumba????.......there's a class where I do body pump - might try it out while no one I know is watching????!!!!

Say Something nice :-)
I felt REALLY strong in my knee press-ups this morning, may be time to get up off them - eeeeekkkkk so exciting!!!!!

laraxx

Goals as of 01 December 2010:
- I want to be able to get my wedding and engagement rings back on – comfortably!!!
- Run the Great South Run in October 2011
- To weigh 62kgs by June 2011
- Beat the skipping monster into submission and be able to skip non-stop to the full length of the Eye of The Tiger (4 minutes)
- Be doing full push-ups in all my workouts by July 2011
- Step outside of my comfort zone:
(attend boxing secessions at the Boxing Club)
(try pull-ups & then try to do 1 unassisted)
- To have a healthy BMI (ideally 22) and and body fat percentage of about 25% would be ideal
- To wear my twisted jeans that have sat in my cupboard for about 10 years and feel great in them
- To be fit and have developing muscle definition - ongoing

Goals UPDATE: END January 2011 
- Go skiing in April 2011, so my challenge is to earn the money.  I need to be realistic and right now this is not.
- “Step outside of my comfort zone”
….. I feel I am pushing myself to step outside of my comfort zone and have started body pump classes and love them, still want to add boxing again & added pull-ups as well

4 comments:

  1. that's what I'm liking about 'our' kind of blogs - we're honest about the downs as well as the ups. This is real life eh?

    and as Alison said, by putting it out there then others can see that it's ok to not achieve 100% perfection all the time :)

    and by posting, it's shifting it from your head, out into the open and into the past.

    onwards onwards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay hooray! For the body pump really!
    And at least you can move on from the over indulgence (well going over calories) and moving on from it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right, where the hell did January go!?

    The knee push-ups--you can get in a better position by starting out in a full pushup and then just dropping your knees. I.e. they will be a lot further back than most people put them when they do knee pushups. Or you can do negative pushups (also great -- that's how I progressed): lower yourself down (slow and controlled) as close to the floor as you can get, drop your knees, push back up. Go back into full pushup position, lower yourself down..

    And I ate a tonne of crap yesterday. And some of it was questionably vegan.. We all have sh*t days. Done and done. Or onwards and onwards. Whatever pair of words you like, really. So long as you've gotten over it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blagh ...... crap days continue, going to body pump in the morning and hopefully that will mentally adjust my brain back on track.

    Alison, I like the idea of negative push up, defiantly going to start there :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)