Here's an excerpt from the gym bunny to the boxer blog online:
"Well it’s time to take myself out my comfort zone and give my training a shake up; It’s all too easy to go to the gym at the same time, at the same place and do roughly the same thing; I want something different, I want to learn a skill and more importantly I want to feel hard!"
... you can read more here
The boxing one caught my eye as I did something similar ..... once! I went to the local Amateur Boxing club for a fitness secession, nearly died, loved it but have never been back again - this makes me think I SHOULD go back. So I'm adding to my goals list to taking myself out of my comfort zone of Mon/Wed/Fri bootcamp with "something inbetween" so in January I'm going to shake it up and go to 4 boxing secessions in the new year & will report back here once complete.
This is something else that caught my eye whilst I was paging through the H&F magazine .....
How many time have we started to DIET and want to wake up the next morning looking like Giselle Bunchen or Elle *the bod* MacPhearson ...... it's like baby fat, if it took 9 months to pack it on it ain't gonna come off overnight!!! My weight crept up over 10 years so I
"Involve Friends & Family":
Well they all know what I'm doing but I seem to prefer to workout on my own, by that I mean deciding myself what I want to do rather than conferring with someone but each to their own and you need to do what works for YOU.
"Make it more than just fitness":
They talk about setting a challenge or goal, in my mind it needs to be FUN as well as fitness, if you're not enjoying it then no matter what you're final focus or goal is you may very well give up.
Lara's goals for the next 12 months:
- I want to be able to get my wedding and engagement rings back on - comfortably!!!
- Go skiing in April 2011, so my challenge is to earn the money
- Be at a healthy BMI by mid January 2011, so my challenge is to practice what I preach "EAT LESS MOVE MORE"
- Run the Great South Run in October 2011, so my challenge is to keep up with my running training program
- To weigh 62kgs by June 2011, practice what I preach "EAT LESS MOVE MORE"
- To be fit and have developing muscle definition, practice what I preach "EAT LESS MOVE MORE"
- Beat the skipping monster into submission and be able to skip non-stop to the full length of the Eye of The Tiger (4 minutes)
- Be doing full push-ups in all my workouts by July 2011
- Step outside of my comfort zone and attend 4 boxing secessions at the Horsham Amateur Boxing Club
Say something nice :-)
I loved that little mini me decorated our Christmas tree & I'm still skipping with 1 rope at bootcamp
Decorated with love :-)