Monday, 27 December 2010

That black hole between Christmas & New Year

I'm sat here after a bowl of choca-mocha porridge getting my body back to normality.  I have consumed all that I shouldn't in the way of wheat, yeast, sugar and dairy in all manner of forms and descriptions and my body is paying for it big time.  Last night when I went to bed I heard my body saying a little prayer asking for me to get back to normality as it didn't think it could take much more of the kak I was feeding it.
This morning mini-mini-me has already asked when are we going to do kettlebells as he thinks he still has pizza tummy from yesterday :-)  ….. I bought him a little blue 2.5kg kettlebell for Christmas … at his request BTW.
 2.5kg kettlebell
Pizza tummy taken care of with a couple of swings and some star jumps :-)

So my plan is to get my body back on an equilibrium and eeerrrrmmm *operating* properly again and to continue with the exercise, and then in the New Year hit my plan a little harder and kick things up a level.

What do you do for the period between Christmas and New Year?
Do you write the whole period off as over indulgence and stop doing anything remotely healthy or do you totally ignore the fact its Christmas (bar presents & family and friends that is ;-)) and eat and exercise as you would  at any other time of the year?

I blimp for about 3 days over christmas and for the first time ever I'm going to try get back to it as planned above.

Say something nice :-)
I love the flicks I managed to get in my hair yesterday and that its back to wild sticky-uppy-all-over-the-place stle again today :-)

laraxx

Goals for the next 12 months:
1. I want to be able to get my wedding and engagement rings back on – comfortably!!!
2. Go skiing in April 2011, so my challenge is to earn the money
3. Be at a healthy BMI by mid January 2011
4. Run the Great South Run in October 2011
5. To weigh 62kgs by June 2011
6. To be fit and have developing muscle definition
7. Beat the skipping monster into submission and be able to skip non-stop to the full length of the Eye of The Tiger (4 minutes)
8. Be doing full push-ups in all my workouts by July 2011
9. Step outside of my comfort zone and attend 4 boxing secessions at the Horsham Amateur Boxing Club

4 comments:

  1. Hiya Lara.

    Bit of both for me. I've exercised as normal (24 miles over Christmas eve, day and Boxing Day) but I've eaten an enormous amount of utter rubbish during that time.

    I'd planned to write off the week but on the basis I haven't really enjoyed what I've had, feel constantly queasy and am...er...producing a month's worth of effluent each visit I'm going back to more normal patterns as of right now. That's not to say I'm calorie counting, just that I'm ditching the chocolates, nuts, cake and crisps. I already threw the paté away this morning.

    Loving the young un's kettlebell. Good lad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally try to get back to normal- make use of the time off work by doing exercise in the day instead of squeezing it in after work, take time to cook nice healthy meals (and some for the freezer) and stuff like that. If I eat rubbish then I feel rubbish so I try to eat healthily. Thats not to say I dont indulge at all- I have been having a little bit of cake each day, or some gingerbread or something, but I count my cals and make sure I can "afford" it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals! I've been eating treats for about two weeks but eating healthy and exercising too then over christmas eve, day and boxing day I was OUT OF CONTROL! Eating all the things I shouldn't and feeling rough but still doing it! Back home now and green monsters are on the menu, lots of veg and exercise! Feeling better already x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice spread of coping mechanisms, I like :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)