Tuesday, 7 December 2010

I *heart* kettlebells

I just had to share this with you, I was trying to motivate myself away from the computer to do a work out and of course had to then spend time working out what I was going to do and it wasn't going to be hop on the treaddie for half an hour so this is what I planned........
Warm-up:
Swing arms, swing legs, rotate hips
Halo X 10
Round The World X 10
Figure of 8 X 10
Good Mornings X 10

Work-out:
Double Hand Swings X 20 - 12kg kettlebell
Mountain climbers X 20 on each leg
Clean-Squat-Press X 10 on each side - 8kg kettlebell
Sumo squat jumps X 20
Alternating single arm swings X 20 on each arm - 12kg kettlebell
Burpees X 20
One-arm rows X 10 each side - 12kg kettlebell
Skipping 1 minute
Full Turkish get-up X 5 each side - 6kg kettlebell

2 MINUTE REST
REPEAT WORKOUT
Cool down & stretches
I *heart* kettlebells
The Outcome & Notes:
Set 1 time : 10min 18sec
Set 2 time : 11min 25sec
I did set 2 in reverse, so started with skipping and finished up with swings.  I didn't do any turkish get-ups in the timed sets as I didn't think I could have held proper form if I had tried.  Did 3 turkish get ups each side at the end (2min 21sec) and that was enough ... and that was after a 2 minute break.
Total 30 minutes including rest time but excluding warm up or cool down.

How I felt:
"Oooooh may fork, ek het may broekke vol ge-kak" (not spelt correctly I know but phonetically) and loosely translated from Afrikaans into English means
"Oh dear ....... it seems I may have over extended myself in the exercise department and now seem to think I'm dead" ;-)
..... well no not really, but WHAT a workout!!!!! YEIKS, think I need to go lie down now!

Say something nice :-)
I'm loving the crispness in the frosty air, I love it.

laraxx

4 comments:

  1. Awesome session Lara! You've got a lot of my favourite exercises in there: mountain climbers, burpees, TGUs... I can imagine that this was a real best of a workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I wish I had the room inside my house to do a kettlebell workout....... and I daren't do it outside right now, I'd end up derriere over bosom!

    :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know DF if you can lie down on the floor with arms out .... thats all the space you really need for a kettlebell workout - so long as you're not swinging towards a window or Mr DF on the couch you're all good :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)