Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Goals ....

I've bee trying to set some goals, which is hard at this time of year as I don't do New Years resolutions as I figure they always fail.  I noticed I had to go back a way in my blog to find where my "list" of goals was hidden as it had almost disappeared.  SO as a refresher this is what they looked like:

Lara's goals for the next 6 months:
  1. I want to be able to get my wedding and engagement rings back on - comfortably!!!
  2. Go skiing in April 2011, so my challenge is to earn the money
  3. Be at a healthy BMI by mid January 2011, so my challenge is to practice what I preach
  4. Run the Great South Run in October 2011, so my challenge is to keep up with my running training program
Now I've added these as well:
  1. To weigh 62kgs by June 2011
  2. To be fit and have developing muscle definition
  3. Beat the skipping monster into submission and be able to skip non-stop to the full length of the Eye of The Tiger (4 minutes)
  4. Be doing full push-ups in all my workouts by July 2011

To help me achieve these goals my exercise of choice for January (including what I currently do) will be SKIPPING!!!!

YIP, skipping ..... and I'm not joking either.  I'm starting to think that this simple exercise is WAAAAAAAAAY underestimated and you don't even need a pair of proper running shoes to do it either ;-)  I was chatting to a lady at school the other day .... she is a slim bean, you know the type gorgeous blond and dinky petite bod!!!! Well she said her main form of exercise is skipping - which clearly got me thinking mmmmmm
Now understand I cannot skip at the moment, at bootcamp in the morning I have a rope in each hand so I don't trip myself up but now I'm determined!!!
At the moment I have a skipping rope that I have cut the rope so I just have the end bits that twizzle and I don't get to trip myself up.  But I have ordered myself a skipping rope and I am determined to skip for the full length of the Rocky theme tune by the end of January :-)


I'm also going to keep a copy of these goals at the end of each blog I do to help maintain my focus.

Say something nice :-)
I love the love I feel for my kids, its overwhelming.

laraxx

Lara's goals for the next 12 months:
  1. I want to be able to get my wedding and engagement rings back on - comfortably!!!
  2. Go skiing in April 2011, so my challenge is to earn the money
  3. Be at a healthy BMI by mid January 2011, so my challenge is to practice what I preach "EAT LESS MOVE MORE"
  4. Run the Great South Run in October 2011, so my challenge is to keep up with my running training program
  5. To weigh 62kgs by June 2011, practice what I preach "EAT LESS MOVE MORE"
  6. To be fit and have developing muscle definition, practice what I preach "EAT LESS MOVE MORE"
  7. Beat the skipping monster into submission and be able to skip non-stop to the full length of the Eye of The Tiger (4 minutes)
  8. Be doing full push-ups in all my workouts by July 2011

2 comments:

  1. Good on ya Lara - sounds like a plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob, the list will be ongoing and I'll add to it as I go. I do feel like there is something BIG I should add not so much a a "must add" but more a burning desire to add .... I just haven't figured it out what it is yet. Hubby suggested climbing Kilimanjaro December 2011 but I don't think thats for me ........ will have to muse over it for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)