I've never really thought of kick starting or boosting living healthy in this way but it somehow makes sense, I mean – why NOT act and talk like a slim, fit, healthy person even before you start to change your habits and way of life. The more I think about it the more I feel its the right thing to do. Stop focusing on the negatives: “oh I can't resist a chocolate biscuit”, “my belly is wobbly”, “what if there is cake at work” …....... how about “dam that workout was FANTASTIC”, “I love experimenting with porridge flavours”, “biscuits are just filled with sugar and fat ….. why would I want to put that into my body?”
Use visualisation as well as counting calories and exercising ….. runs off to find her Louise Hay book ….....
…..... ok back ;-)
You Can Heal Your Life, Part 1
Life is Really Very Simple. What We Give Out, We Get Back
What we think about ourselves becomes the truth for us. I believe that everyone, myself included, is responsible for everything in our lives, the best and the worst. Every thought we think is creating our future. Each one of us creates our experiences by our thoughts and our feelings. The thoughts we think and the words we speak create our experiences.
We create the situations, and then we give our power away by blaming the other person for our frustration. No person, no place, and no thing has any power over us, for "we" are the only thinkers in it. When we create peace and harmony and balance in our minds, we will find it in our lives.
Let me put it this way .... you're certainly not going to do yourself any damage if you spend a minute in the morning repeating something positive to yourself, I'm going to start with:
I am fit, healthy and in control.
I am successful in everything I do.
Let me know how you get on.
Say something nice :-)
I like how I felt out doing chores today with the chickens and tossing logs, felt good to be one with nature in a rustic kinda way
Lara's goals for the next 12 months:
- I want to be able to get my wedding and engagement rings back on - comfortably!!!
- Go skiing in April 2011, so my challenge is to earn the money
- Be at a healthy BMI by mid January 2011, so my challenge is to practice what I preach "EAT LESS MOVE MORE"
- Run the Great South Run in October 2011, so my challenge is to keep up with my running training program
- To weigh 62kgs by June 2011, practice what I preach "EAT LESS MOVE MORE"
- To be fit and have developing muscle definition, practice what I preach "EAT LESS MOVE MORE"
- Beat the skipping monster into submission and be able to skip non-stop to the full length of the Eye of The Tiger (4 minutes)
- Be doing full push-ups in all my workouts by July 2011
- Step outside of my comfort zone and attend 4 boxing secessions at the Horsham Amateur Boxing Club