Monday, 8 November 2010

Its not about dieting ... its about treating your body with respect

On Sunday I wrote ......
"
I have had a most hideous week with regards to eating last week, not logging and avoiding a lot of exercise (my run/walk C25K programme is proving a hic-cup of note).

  I conned myself on to the treadmill Sunday otherwise I could feel a speedy decent down that slippery slop of no return which would more than likely be followed with bucket loads of guilt which would spur me on to more bingeing and emotional eating and start that vicious cycle all again.

  SO it had to be taken care of right here, right now!

  I had started to be VERY slack with avoiding wheat, yeast, dairy and sugar and over the past few days I have basically binged on it all from biscuits to toasted white bread sarnies with cheese, wine and then some. I am paying the price and have started with eczema, itching and flaking already, my bowls are producing what can only be described as toxic sludge (sorry for too much info), I'm lethargic, tired and snotty. I have decided that there is no time like the present and now is as good a time as any I'll be starting back with treating my body with respect TODAY (no good waiting for Monday)."

Well I'm pleased to report that today my head is on straight and yesterday went relatively well with regards to food.  Scale was not as unkind as it could have been and I have gone up 1kg over the past 2 weeks.  So my first challenge is to get back down by next weigh in.



What's on the menu for today?
PreWorkOut: fudgeball & espresso

Breakfast: I had porridge with flaxseed & 2tsps of homemade apple puree and twaz YUM

Lunch: 2 Quorn chicken fillets, wholemeal pitta with fresh tom & Mayola ... sadly I've had better :-(
Snacks: Oatcakes with Arla cream cheese & an Options hot chocolate with a dash of soya milk
Dinner: Chicken breast with tomato based sauce, baked potato & steamed veg

Drinks: water



Calorie Summary:
Daily Cal Quota: 1688
+
Exercise Cals: 282
Total Cal Quota: 1970
Calories Consumed: 1717

Calories Left: 253

Cals to Maintain Weight: 2188

Exercise plan for the week:
This will see me up at 05:30am every weekday morning.
Monday: 30 Day Shred Level 1&2 - DONE
Tuesday: Week 6 Day 1
Wednesday: 30 Day Shred Level 1&2
Thursday: Week 6 Day 2
Friday: 30 Day Shred Level 1&2
Saturday: rest day
Sunday: Week 6 Day 3 .... not at 05:30 though :-P

I am hoping to get some doggy walks in-between as well but with the weather as it is, I might just throw a ball for them :-)

More from me:
We had Hugh Fernley Whats-his-name on Sky+ and it was on bread baking.  I was DROOLING ..... enough said!  So I have bookmarked the page for soda bread and may even be brave enough to give sourdough bread a whirl, will see if I can get my head around the "starter" business.

PS Arla cream cheese is SCRUMMY and only 78.8 calories for 40gs worth mmmmmmmm
PPS I have the Biscuit Monster in the cupboard under the stairs at the moment waiting for pest control to come round and remove him ;-)

laraxx