Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Fitness Challenge

But firstly an amazing quote:

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.
Mother Teresa

*************************************************

So, it's been a while and I've been thinking ...... I'm thinking of setting myself a fitness challenge & videoing myself completing it (no laughing now ;-)).  I want to do this for a few reasons:
1) I want to tangibly/statistically be able to track my progress
2) & not just weight, I want to be able to visually monitor how my body changes as I get fitter
3) I think it will be able to help me change/update/alter/amend/improve my workout schedule as time goes on.


I'm also gonna have to make a concerted effort to find my HR monitor!!!!

NOW, not ever having done anything like this before I've thought up the following from watching a few youtube videos and a few things we do at bootcamp.  I'm going to have to record things to track, here is what I have come up with and was wondering if anyone could add to or make any suggestions.

Must get me one of these!

Things to record:
- number of reps
- heart rate @ end of each challenge
- weight
- measurements (calf/thigh/hips lower & upper/waist @ belly button/bust over boobs/upper arms)
- Frequency .... monthly????

The Actual challenge exercises*:
1 min burpees
1 min press ups
1 min goblet squats
1 min step-ups
Track distance run over 1 minute

OR set of**
10 burpees
10 press ups
10 giblet squats
10 step ups each leg (20 total)
Repeat as many times in XX minutes
Track distance run over 1 minute

*20 seconds break in-between exercises???
**20 seconds break in-between set????

So wach-ja-all-fink???  all ideas greatly appreciated in advance.  And I'm pretty sure hubby will amused at having to play cameraman :-)

laraxx

3 comments:

  1. I think doing something like this once every 4-6 weeks could be a great way of tracking progress. Whether you do it for time or for reps is much of a muchness I think -- it all adds up to more endurance in the end. But I think keeping a training log of that, as well as pictures to monitor a change in appearance is a great (and preferable) alternative to relying on weight goals.

    Are you going to post the videos? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean scale weight there, rather than weight-training weight btw..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. As to posting the challenge video .... possibly when I have done 2 to enable comparison.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read & digest them all :-)