Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Body & Fitness Challenge

And a very cold good-day to you all, its just freezing out there today and I'm loving every minute of it to be honest ....... no matter how much I point out that its sub-zero when I head out to boot camp in the mornings ;-)


-3*C Friday and Monday morning


My fuzzy reaction to sub-zero at 06:00


Two layers on the legs ...


... and 3 layers on the upper body, PLUS hat & glub-glubs ;-)

So when Sunday breakfast at Girraffe came round it was a pile of American style pancakes with banana, blueberries and lashings of syrup for me.

Pancakes

For afters it was the park with the kids while hubby did the shop for dinner which was roast lamb shank with veg & mash ..... nom-nom-nom ........ NOM :-)

OK, OK, enough wekeend frivolity and catch up, on to serious business and the start of my ..........

Body & Fitness Challenge

Well I did the first of my fitness challenges this morning.  It was 1 minute of effort with 20 seconds of rest in-between each.

Video for round one of my Body & Fitness Challenge*:
Burpees: 20
Goblet squats: 20
Press-ups: 24
Step-ups: 26


Food changes to kick-start my Body & Fitness challenge:
Well hubby received his program from his gym last week (*picture me with big eyeballs with a WTF look on the rest of my face), along with a nutritional guide and I've thought it a good idea to follow it with him (smaller quantities) but follow the same principle which is basically smaller meals more frequently with measured quantities of protein, carb & veg/salad at each meal ..... bar breakfast where I still need my chochamocha porridge to keep me sane ;-)  I'll still be logging all my food into my diary on Weight Loss Resources to make sure I'm in calories.  I will also still be drinking coffee with soya milk and lots of rooibos tea.

Exercise changes to kick-start my Body & Fitness challenge:
I'm in a bit of a quandary over this one so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.  So far my thoughts have been along these lines:
- continue with bootcamp 3 mornings a week and reintroduce kettlebells &/or boxing, so a week may look like this:

Monday: bootcamp
Tuesday: kettlebells or boxing or short run
Wednesday: bootcamp
Thursday: kettlebells &/or short run
Friday: bootcamp
Saturday: Rest Day
Sunday: Swim/Run/Cycle

I'm hoping this new regime will shake up my metabolism and help me on my merry way to a lean and healthy body :-)

Measurements for round one of my Body & Fitness Challenge:





01-Aug-10
Start
29-Nov-10
Start of Body Challenge
Cumulative LOSS
Weight
82.9kg
77kg
5.9kg
Bust
108cm
103cm
5cm
Waist
102cm
95cm
7cm
Hips : butt
111cm
106cm
5cm
Hips : upper
108cm
102cm
6cm
Thigh : L
67cm
63cm
4cm
Thigh : R
66cm
63cm
3cm
Calf : L
38cm
38cm

Calf : R
39.5cm
39cm
0.5cm
Arms : L
34cm
33cm
1cm
Arms : R
32.5cm
30cm
2.5cm


So far ……
Lost 34cm

Behind the scenes filming Lara on Video Body & Fitness Challenge take ONE one hundred:
1) Had to hunt for the video camera, hubby to the rescue
2) Had to charge the camera and figure out how it actually fitted onto the tripod so that hubby could be relieved of camera duty
3) Had to decide what to wear as this is mostly to do with visually being able to see how my body changes ...... queue wardrobe NIGHTMARE ;-)
4) Had to bite the bullet with how I look on camera, its been a real wake-up call
5) Hunting for the cable to download the video, that was special!!!!
6) Downloading and editing ...... very special ;-)
7) Uploading video was crazy so this post was actually yesterdays post but here you have it only today ;-)

I hope you can be inspired by my personal challenge, if you have your own challenges running or about to start please share and let me know how it's going.

laraxx

*Note: I wasn't going to post the video with nothing to compare it to but think that it will help motivate me to work towards improving, I'm already commenting that I need to up numbers and improve on form (get my butt lower in squats and body lower in push-ups ...... full push-up at some stage etc)