Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Corn Bread rules!

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!  You SO have to try these out.
Bacon Bean and Pasta Soup
Cornbread

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the soup last night, but this is the Corn bread.

Craig made the soup and I made the bread last night for dinner.  I would say that the soup would work just as well without the bacon for a vegetarian and the bread I made with wheat free flour and used soya milk and yoghurt ...... divine, divine, DIVINE!  Leftover soup for lunch for me and some of the bread for breakfast nom-nom-nom :-)

What's on the menu for today?
Breakfast: corn bread ham and fried egg swished down with a cuppa coffee with soya milk

Lunch: leftover soup - can't wait :-)
Snacks: plum & nuts and/or chocolate porridge
Dinner: still under discussion but I can imagine it will involve something meaty as hubby is starting to twitch ;-)

Exercise today should see me pootling with the C25K week 5 day 1* and depending on how work pans out for the day possibly a yoga DVD .... feeling like I need a good stretch.
Drinks shall be water and rooibos tea for the day

Notes:
*C25K week 5 day 1 involves:
5min warm up
jog 5min
walk 3min
jog 5min
walk 3min
jog 5min
5min cool down

More from me:
I've been thinking that I'm a little thin on the top with regards to goals ..... you know not the "stay out the fridge" goals but the ones I want to achieve in my life over the next few months.  I've been so wrapped up in day to day survival that I've forgotten to plan something achievable for the near future.  So with that in mind (I will be adding to this as time goes on) here is my first draft ......

Lara's goals for the next 6 months:
1. Go skiing in April next year, so my challenge is to earn the money
2. Be at a healthy BMI by mid January 2011, so my challenge is to practice what I preach
3. Run the Hastings Half Marathon on 21st March 2011, so my challenge is to keep up with my running training program

Thats it for now from me, I'm still busying myself with reading The End of Overeating by David Kessle and various other blogs and stuff .... oh and working ;-)

laraxx